Msunduzi Pietermaritzburg Tourism Association hosted a Tourism Month Wrap off on session Thursday, 01 October 2020 to reflect on the tourism month and sector in general in the context of Covid19 and current Covid 19 Alert level 1.
Address by the Mayor Mzi Thebola included announcements of relief packages for properly registered tourism sector businesses and 2021 Mayoral Tourism Awards. ‘As the sector is opening, potential travelers are more worried about Covid19 exposure unlike before when they were concerned about crime. It is therefore important that tourism establishments adhere to Covid19 protocols’ said Dumisani Mhlongo – Pietermaritzburg Tourism.
A partnership between National African Federated Chamber of Commerce & Industry (NAFCOC) and Msunduzi Pietermaritzburg Tourism Association was also announced.
The partnership seeks to collaborate on;
- Establishing joint programmes for the Development and Promotion of Tourism;
- Establishing exchange programmes for cooperation in Tourism Skills Development ;
- Collaboration on local Tourism and Hospitality Sector investment efforts
- Bilateral cooperation in Tourism Businesses Mentorship
- Exchange of tourism related data or research information that each party may have from time to time.
The Mayor also unveiled Freedom Route struggle icon portraits that will be put up across the city.
For more information contact: Dumisani Mhlongo ; 033 345 1348, 0845603399,firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Pic: L-R; Dumisani Mhlongo –Pietermaritzburg Tourism Director, Msunduzi Mayor, Cllr Mzi Thebola, Cllr Sbongile Mkhize- Msunduzi Sustainable Development Portfolio Committee, L Nsele MPTA Chairman and N Mkhize NAFCOC Senior Vise President.